The 3-4-5 grade teachers give an assessment prior to the anticipated start of the math chapter
- 3-4-5 grade teachers and the AA teacher meet to identify eligible students based on the assessment
- 3-4-5 grade teachers set the pace of the chapter
- AA teacher is responsible for lesson planning, grading and parent communication during the chapter for those students in accelerated class
- The grade level unit is compacted so that students review and master grade level skills. This will prevent gaps in student knowledge. Students then complete the correlated unit one grade level higher
- At the conclusion of the accelerated unit, students return to the regular classroom, take the next assessment, and the cycle begins again
- Students work on accelerated material when appropriate and are in the regular classroom for grade-level math when needed (The ultimate in differentiation and individualized instruction!). Please contact Mrs. Nash for additional information.
This program is designed to encourage writing and all students in grades 3-5 are welcome to participate! Students will stay in their classrooms during writing instruction and are responsible for all the class work and homework assigned by their teacher. The advanced writing activities are done in addition to the regular assignments. Every week each student who chooses to participate will have an individual meeting to edit and review work. Please contact Mr. Pryor for additional questions.