Welcome to Saint Timothy Catholic School
For more than 30 years, St. Timothy Catholic school has been dedicated to educating students, from preschool through eighth-grade. Upholding a tradition of educational excellence, St. Timothy possesses a strong, innovative curriculum and a faculty passionate about their work. We aim to foster the growth of our students—tomorrow’s leaders—in mind, body, and spirit.
At the beginning of the year we promised to deliver a number of programs, activities and initiatives, and I am pleased to share with you what we have achieved this past year. As is the case with all of our investment and program decisions; all are designed to benefit our students in and outside the classroom and provide a safe learning environment. My apologies for such a long winded letter, but please know that we are committed to transparency and full disclosure.
Saint Timothy Catholic School has made significant progress this past year, but we will be raising our expectations even higher this coming school year. We will continue to take the necessary steps to provide our students with a safe, supportive learning environment and a rigorous curriculum rich in Catholic tradition and grounded in academic excellence. Detailed below are the 2013-14 School year programs that were promised and delivered.
- Monthly and daily family / parent rosary & pilgrim statue program
- In-school Adoration Program (twice a month in the school’s music room)
- The recitation of the Angelus at 12 Noon every day
- 8th Grade Saint Awards for each graduating student
- 8th Grade 40 days for life prayer vigil, Christmas Ornament Contest, Pro-Life Essay contest) and many more Catholic focused contests
- Students procured over $10,000 for charitable causes and organizations
- Expanded our Parish / School Youth Ministry Partnership (Confirmation Prep and Formation in Christian Chastity Programs)
- Worked with Father Schultz to expand the Parish Altar Server Program
- Added a school Choir Program that will expand and participate in competitions next year
- Advanced Language Arts Program- Delivered in Sept. 2013
- GMU Teacher Professional Development Partnership - Learning Styles / Six Traits plus One Writing Program and Professional Learning Community (PLC). Also established a weekly protected collaboration time, during school hours, where teachers from different grade levels were able to discuss, implement and evaluate programs and best practices to enhance student learning
- Piloted a new Reading program (in grades 1 and 3) that is aligned with the Common Core curriculum standards
- Lab Learner Rollout (2 new Labs) - Delivered in August 2013
- Purchased the 6 traits plus one writing curriculum to further enhance our writing program
- Established a new Academic Dean position to manage our Advanced Academic Programs in Math & Language Arts, disaggregate student performance data to inform instruction and evaluate the effectiveness of our instructional programs and instructional technologies
- Established an after school tutoring program in Math. Hired 5 professional Math Teachers to provide remediation for students in need. (STS TerraNova Math Scores increased by 8 % across the board this year)
- Continued a high school placement test prep program for eight graders (5 HS scholarships were awarded to STS students)
- Hired a new full-time Preschool Director to enhance the pre-K curriculum, implement teacher training, expand parental involvement and enhance communication with parents
- Hired two new middle school math teachers to establish an in-house three track middle school math program that provide students with three Math track options for each middle school grade (including Geometry, Algebra and Intro to Algebra). This initiative resulted in a 100% pass rate for all STS students who took the Algebra and Geometry High School Placement Tests
- Hired new kindergarten, second grade and two new 5th grade teachers (18% increase in 5th grade TerraNova Math scores!)
- Introduced our new robotics competition program resources (with the generous support of parent and STS Business Partner donations)
- Introduced new instructional software that has enhanced student learning and performance (Mobymax for math and Reading street applications). (8% increase in Math TerraNova scores)
- Achieved National X-STEM Certification
- Implemented a new after school STEM programs including Lego robotics, Math (code breakers) Club and Robotics Competition Team
- Expanded our athletic afterschool program to include girls’ volleyball and March Madness 3-on-3 basketball tournament
- Introduced a new school Choir Program, Drama Club (performed the Wizard of Oz) and a yearbook club
- Introduced a new Preschool Aftercare Program for students in our 4 year old full day program.
- Introduced the New Tiger Tracks Publication that highlights our school’s strategic initiatives and update our parents and alumni on programs, initiatives and events
- New Middle School Communication Model for academic updates
- Introduced new Monthly Technology and Academic Updates in the Tuesday Tidbits
- Our website is under continued development to further streamline the amount of communication vehicles and increase the quality and quantity of communications with parents
- Introduced a new Town Hall Meeting Format (in the fall) to communicates the STS Strategic School Improvement Plan and provide parents an opportunity for Q&A
- Introduced a new STS Social Climate Committee to facilitate further parental collaboration on and development of parent education programs, messaging and two way communications strategies with the school community
- A new Student Safety Awareness Program was introduced (all classes were trained)
- Rolled out a new Visitor Vetting Process (Checks licenses and credentials) – August 2013
- A campus – wide camera based surveillance security package was installed and activated – October 2013
- First responders drills are conducted at STS during the evenings, weekends and, or summer months
- The school entrance structural modification has been submitted to the Diocese and County for approval and permits
- A new afternoon carpool process was introduced to streamline the procedure and enhance student safety
- A new STS Lock-in procedure was developed and implemented for student safety
Thank you so much for your consistent support of Saint Timothy Catholic School. It is the generous sharing of your time, treasure and talent that have made all of these important initiatives and investments possible. As is the case with all of our decisions, all of these programs are designed to benefit our students and help then grow spiritually, academically and socially.
God Bless you,
Important Happenings at STS!
Click the logo to view our partners!