Dear Saint Timothy Catholic School Faith Community,
Though last year already feels like a distant memory, I reflect back to the beginning of the 2018-2019 school year, and fondly recall preparing for a year that was certain to be surrounded by a wealth of uncertainty. It was the words of St. John Paul II that guided our daily interactions, and served as a reminder of the importance of our duty as role models in education: God made us for joy. Though we had crosses to carry last year, I remember the past with gratitude.
For the 2019-2020 school year, the STS faculty and staff, will once again look to St. John Paul II for inspiration, as we call on his words and his intercession for our kids, our teachers, and our parents. As God’s graces continue to be given to our school in abundance, it is only appropriate that we show our gratitude to Him for these gifts as we live the present with enthusiasm.
With such an incredible amount of change impacting our faith community last year, I cannot help but be grateful for the goodness, patience, and subsequent feedback given to us by so many members of our parent community. It is the feedback taken from the parent satisfaction survey that helps form our strategic plan every school year. Your feedback from this survey, as well as your informal feedback throughoutthe school year, has helped shape the following initiatives for the 2019-2020 academic year, so we can look forward to the future with confidence.
- Extended the hours of After School Care on half-days from 4:30 to 5:00
- Brought in outside experts to instruct the staff on restorative practices so to improve our school culture
- Hired an additional assistant principal for grades K-4
- Reconfigured our office structure to ensure administrator presence in the middle school building
- Added sign language, and cooking as middle school elective options
- Hired an instructional assistant to work in the middle school
- Added a third fourth grade classroom without repurposing
- Added 5 additional minutes to our recess and lunch schedules
- Adjusted cafeteria pricing model to be more affordable
- Added clear, and aesthetically pleasing signage to our hallways
- Used funds from Race for Education to enhance our Mary garden and pond areas
- Added teachers to our lunch duty rotation to help with student supervision
- Created a more functional library space by removing 6thgrade lockers
- Implemented The Stations of the Cross throughout the building
- Brought additional STEM-based activities into the classroom by adding a bi-weekly special into the classroom schedules
- Created a schedule of priest involvement in the classrooms
- Implemented a monthly assembly to build school unity and introduce our virtue of the month
- Relocated our Tiger Closet to avoid clutter in our hallways during school hours
- Started a summer podcast as an additional method of communication for parents
We remain committed to supporting you all as the primary educators of your children, and we are incredibly excited to continue partnering with you, as we look to create an environment where learning is fun, and Christ’s presence is evident.
I pray that God will bless you always,
Mr. Michael J. Pryor